Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life!
It’s our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That’s why, like our recipes, if you’ve the right ingredients, we’ll invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To be part of our team you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Obsessively so. Everyone here is constantly striving to do their best work – and together we’ve already achieved some amazing things including; Being the only British chocolatier to grow our own cocoa; created ethical partnerships with over 170 cocoa farmers in St Lucia and have opened a medical centre for a cocoa-farming community in Ghana that provides crucial healthcare to more than 5,000 people…And we’re just getting started. Come and be a part of what’s next.
As a Kitchen Assistant you will be supporting our Café Chef with food preparation, service and cleaning at our in house café based at our Head Office in Royston. Assisting in the smooth running of our restaurant services. This is a permenant part time position working 20 hours per week.
The café operates Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm and offers a breakfast and lunch service daily to our staff, visitors and guests.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
- Maintain a high level of hygiene standards at all times, in accordance with legislation and in house cleaning schedules.
- Document records of cleaning schedules and fridge/freezer temperatures as instructed, raising any issues or concerns to the Café Chef.
- Assist with basic food preparation as instructed by the Café Chef, preparing food and working with quality ingredients.
- Assist with the serving of food during our peak trading times, maintaining a friendly and hospitable manner to customers, staff and guests.
- Ensure breakages are kept to a minimum. Recording any breakages and replenishing stock where required.
- Assist with the cleaning down during and after service, ensuring that the dishwasher is emptied and cleaned at the end of each working day.
- Ensure the kitchen area is kept clean in line with our in house company standards manual and current legislation. Using in house cleaning schedules as a guide.
- Undertake any duties as directed by the Café Chef
- Learn about stock rotation and rotating stock as required by the Café Chef.
- Act in accordance with all Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations and to adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policy at all times whilst on site premises
- Attend all statutory training as and when required
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Basic experience in cooking and food preparation
- A confident communicator with the ability to speak with people at all levels
- Able to actively demonstrate a strong team work ethic and can-do attitude
- Comply with company procedures and legislative requirements with attention to health and safety
- A basic understanding of health and safety and food hygiene requirements
- An individual with spirit and passion in line with our products, people and values
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.