Warehouse Shift Manager - eCommerce Fulfilment (Nights)
Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life!
It’s our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That’s why, like our recipes, if you’ve the right ingredients, we’ll invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To be part of our team you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Obsessively so. Everyone here is constantly striving to do their best work – and together we’ve already achieved some amazing things including; Being the only British chocolatier to grow our own cocoa; created ethical partnerships with over 170 cocoa farmers in St Lucia and have opened a medical centre for a cocoa-farming community in Ghana that provides crucial healthcare to more than 5,000 people…And we’re just getting started. Come and be a part of what’s next.
As the Ecommerce channel of Hotel Chocolat continues to grow, we are recruiting for a Shift Manager to look after our Ecommerce Fulfilment. You will be responsible for our Ecommerce channel, ensuring all customer orders arrive on time, in full and in excellent condition. Levels of orders are changeable throughout the year rising from an average of 700 orders per day (Average of 3 units per order) up to 10,000 orders per day at peak times.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
- Leading a team of 4 permanent staff off peak rising up to a team of 40 during peak times
- Planning and managing shift rotations
- Responsible and accountable at all times for the successful delivery of the online channel production process
- Engaging and motivating the fulfilment teams to achieve the desired standards and outputs especially at peak times when demand significantly increases
- Setting up and executing a dispatch plan with your fulfilment team that will cover resource requirements, seasonal range, pick face and carrier plans to service the demand from our ecommerce business
- Using available forecasting to produce resource planning to deliver demand. Organising and managing as required
- Developing and maintaining strong communication and collaborative working between the online channel and Brand Centre especially in relation to joint interest processes such as responding to customer feedback
- Liaising with all other functions and stakeholders to optimise Channel process
- Ensuring the capturing of data and provision of analysis and management reports as needed
- Managing costs through process efficiency and driving performance
- Analysing data and other information to identify and implement process and service improvements within the channel
- Ensuring general Health and Safety and welfare of the staff within the channel and wider operation
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement; driving efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Extensive Ecommerce experience
- Experience of multi-channel FMCG warehouse management
- IOSH qualified – Essential
- Operational peak planning
- Advanced WMS user skills
- Knowledge of ecommerce operations
- Strong leadership skills
- Commercially focused, customer orientated and service driven
- Embraces change – able to work within an evolving organisation
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.