Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life!
Are you an Engineering Manager, looking for a new challenge?
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our team based in Huntingdon. This role will be responsible for operational performance, support, legality & cost of ownership of assets and services for the Engineering Department.
The successful candidate will manage operational requirements by developing systems to deliver best in class levels of asset performance and reliability and will deputise as necessary for the Chief Engineering Manager.
It’s our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That’s why, like our recipes, if you’ve the right ingredients, we’ll invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To be part of our team you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Obsessively so. Everyone here is constantly striving to do their best work – and together we’ve already achieved some amazing things including; Being the only British chocolatier to grow our own cocoa; created ethical partnerships with over 170 cocoa farmers in St Lucia and have opened a medical centre for a cocoa-farming community in Ghana that provides crucial healthcare to more than 5,000 people…And we’re just getting started. Come and be a part of what’s next.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
- Manage the asset and services to operational requirements
- Understanding the criticality of plant and equipment to business performance and prioritise and manage Maintenance activities to deliver agreed levels of performance
- Planning, recruiting, leading and developing staff to deliver agreed plant availability at optimum cost
- Managing the efficient procurement and availability of spares and consumables to deliver plant availability targets
- Managing the balance between internal and external maintenance resources and external contractors effectively.
- Assisting the Chief Engineering Manager to plan, prepare and manage the Maintenance budget to deliver the agreed levels of plant performance cost effectively
- Planning and executing projects up to £100K
- Organising, monitoring and controlling compliance with statutory and Hotel Chocolat Safety, Health, Environmental standards
- Work as part of an ‘out of hours’ support function
- Creating a service based culture within the department recognising that all asset users within the business are customers
- Leading & Managing the operation of the CMMS to help deliver the departmental requirements
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Established experience working within a similar role
- Required certifications
- Pro-active with good organisational & planning ability, able to work strategically, systematically and with structure
- Ability to lead others
- Good problem solver, pragmatic approach and hands on
- Able to identify root causes and implement permanent solutions
- Excellent communicator with presentation skills, able to supervise and influence others
- Positive/personable attitude at all times
- Able to maintain confidentiality
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.