Customer Service Rep - Contract/Interim
When we asked our customer service team about the best part of their job (aside from speaking with our fantastic customers), 80% said it’s their awesome colleagues, many of whom are now friends. The other 20% said it was getting to wear jeans at work and eat great chocolate.
This year we anticipate a busy Christmas period followed by an equally busy Easter 2018, so we need to make sure we have enough great people to deal with the queries that come into our Brand Centre in Royston, Hertfordshire.
The main aim of the Customer Service Representative role is to make the customer experience as good as the chocolate; by resolving complaints with empathy, offering the right product solutions and doing so against a set of achievable performance targets.
We receive incoming contact from customers through letter, email, online chat, social media and on the telephone but also make outbound calls to members of our Chocolate Tasting club; plus previous Hotel Chocolat Customers to suggest products they might like.
We have options to cover a number of different circumstances including 2 month, 4 month, 5 month, 7 month and permenment contracts, with the first cohort starting at the end of August; so we will get you in to meet us quickly.
Who you are and what you have
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and with acceptance of responsibility for achieving personal targets and KPIs
- Able to work 40 hours a week including some evenings and Saturdays on a rota
During weeks 1 and 2, full induction training is given. You must be able to commit to this. Hours are reduced during training to 10am - 4pm.
Your commitment to us
We need commitment until Christmas, so if you have 2 or more weeks holiday booked between your start date and Christmas, we unfortunately won't be able to accommodate that. Odd days can be taken, but there’s a holiday embargo from mid-October
This role attracts an £8 hourly pay rate and staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.
Everyone will receive a quick response