Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life!
It’s our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That’s why, like our recipes, if you’ve the right ingredients, we’ll invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To be part of our team you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Obsessively so. Everyone here is constantly striving to do their best work – and together we’ve already achieved some amazing things including; Being the only British chocolatier to grow our own cocoa; created ethical partnerships with over 170 cocoa farmers in St Lucia and have opened a medical centre for a cocoa-farming community in Ghana that provides crucial healthcare to more than 5,000 people…And we’re just getting started. Come and be a part of what’s next.
We are currently looking for a strong Commis chef to join our venue (café, bar and restaurant) in the heart of Borough Market, London, on a 48 hr contract.
Rabot offers a unique dining experience with a restaurant, bar, and cafe inspired by the rough-with-the-smooth charms of a Saint Lucian plantation house. Alongside a dazzling array of inventive cocoa cocktails, Rabot offers a menu of contemporary dishes drawing on the best culinary traditions of the Caribbean, West Indies and Britain, using freshly roasted cocoa as a subtle savoury spice. Rabot brings the cocoa-centric cuisine of its hugely successful sibling; the Boucan Restaurant, launched on our 250-year-old Rabot Estate cocoa plantation in Saint Lucia in 2011.
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- Candidates must have A la Carte Breakfast experience at a Commis level
- A qualified Chef who has an established and proven track record working within similar standards and with high volumes
- A strong individual who is confident working independently
- Someone who is highly organised and has the ability to work under pressure
- Someone who has worked in a professional establishment
What Hotel Chocolat will offer you in return:
- A salary of £20,000 per annum plus tronc allowance
- Opportunity for growth and career development
- The chance to work in a creative kitchen
- Meals and uniform provided whilst on duty
- We offer training courses, support in studies and other academic support for all workers
- Pension scheme
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.