Find a job you love and you’ll never work another day in your life!
It’s our mission to make the best chocolates on the planet. To do that, we need the best people. That’s why, like our recipes, if you’ve the right ingredients, we’ll invest our time and attention to make sure you reach your potential.
To be part of our team you’ve got to be passionate about what you do. Obsessively so. Everyone here is constantly striving to do their best work – and together we’ve already achieved some amazing things including; Being the only British chocolatier to grow our own cocoa; created ethical partnerships with over 170 cocoa farmers in St Lucia and have opened a medical centre for a cocoa-farming community in Ghana that provides crucial healthcare to more than 5,000 people…And we’re just getting started. Come and be a part of what’s next.
We are currently looking for a Shift Engineer to join our growing team. As a Shift Engineer you have the task delivering those engineering services key to ensuring operational performance, legality and compliance. Working as part of a team and interacting with external contractors to deliver agreed levels of quality and service in reaching world class lean manufacturing.
SHOW US HOW IT’S DONE
- To comply with Safety, Health and Environmental requirements within the business in line with the Health & Safety Policy and Procedures, e.g. Work Instructions and Safe Systems.
- Deliver Engineering and Maintenance services and ensure operational reliability and deliver Preventative Maintenance compliance.
- Champion a safe working culture and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Policies / Safe Systems of Work
- Ensure that excellent GMP standards are established, maintained and developed ensuring food safety is always a priority in all works carried out and any potential food safety issue is addressed immediately.
- To use a Continuous Improvement process to develop and improve all aspects within your control.
- To build strong relationships with colleagues both within the department and cross functionally.
- To maintain accurate and timely records of all work carried out. This will include correct and detailed information on handover between shifts.
- Actively contribute to the culture of Continuous Improvement with the engineering team and adopt lean processes to deliver optimal return on investment.
- As part of the engineering team will take an active role to Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values.
- Through effective communication will reinforce all of the above.
- Be an ambassador for Hotel Chocolat Ltd both externally (organisations and customers) and internally (management colleagues and staff).
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU HAVE
- To be self-motivated and support individuals & teams
- Deliver improvement through KPI’s (Cost, Efficiency & Plan attainment)
- Concise & effective Communication, Verbal & Written
- IT literate – Word & Excel
- Health & Safety awareness
- Passion, energy and aspiration in line with HC brand and people values
- Strong self-awareness, communication, networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Thrives on change and keeps abreast of IT technology and development
- Efficient and well-organised with good administration, planning and organisation skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Act with professionalism, discretion and sensitivity
- Flexible and willing to travel
WORKING AT HOTEL CHOCOLAT
You’ll play a vital role within a constantly evolving company, in a friendly and energetic workplace. Every single person who works for us has the opportunity to study for our highly respected Chocolate Diploma. Staff perks include an unlimited 50% discount on all our products, as well as 70% off the rate card price for you and your guests when you stay at the Hotel Chocolat – our hideaway on the paradise island of Saint Lucia, set among the cocoa trees of our historic Rabot Estate.